The 5th IL TROVATORE progress meeting will take place in the period 16-18 September 2019 in Oxford, UK, at Mansfield College.
Some relevant information:
- Accommodation is available at Mansfield College (en-suite, single rooms - see https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/bed-and-breakfast) on the nights of 15-18 September at £70 per person per night.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided on 16, 17 and 18 September.
- There will be a formal dinner on 16th September at Mansfield College (https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/fine-dining-0). The cost (including drinks) is £50 per person. The dinner will be held in the Old Hall or College Chapel, depending on numbers.
- An informal dinner is available on 17th September at The Cherwell Boathouse (http://cherwellboathouse.co.uk). The cost (excluding drinks) is £35 per person. The Cherwell Boathouse is about 20-30 minutes’ walk from Mansfield College.
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT for Accommodation & Dinners:
Please register and make payment using Credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Amex) for College Accommodation and the dinners:
When booking, please note if you have any dietary (e.g. vegetarian etc.) or access requirements. This is done at the payment stage.
IMPORTANT: Registrations extended to 29 August
Please register, otherwise accommodation at Mansfield College cannot be guaranteed.
Please register, even if you do not require accommodation and do not wish to attend either of the dinners.
If you were unable to complete the registration, then please email Professor James Marrow to confirm your intentions email@example.com
If you prefer other accommodation options, then the following Oxford hotels may be suitable. Most are within walking distance, although some require a short bus ride to the city center. There are not many hotels in Oxford, and the Mansfield College option is recommended.
TRANSPORT to OXFORD:
Oxford is easily reached from the main London airports, from which bus transport is generally more convenient than train. All these buses terminate at Gloucester Green in Oxford and leave from outside the Airport arrivals terminal.
When flying to Southampton Airport or Birmingham International, then travel by train (https://www.nationalrail.co.uk) to Oxford is direct and quite convenient.
- 1 hour from Birmingham International
- 1 hr 20 minutes from Southampton Airport Parkway
Mansfield College is within walking distance (20 minutes) of the Oxford's main bus station (Gloucester Green) or Oxford Railway station (25 minutes). Taxis are available from both. There is no car parking available at Mansfield College.
UK attendees are advised to use public transport or the “park and ride” if driving. Please use “park and ride” also if hiring a car at the airport (https://www.oxford.gov.uk/directory/8/car_parks_in_oxford/category/56/categoryInfo/13).
A Google map (Mansfield College, Cherwell Boathouse, Bus and Railway stations marked), is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gi4jI1rKx7Ra6HibabVkavlzLqZBXbYo&usp=sharing (a copy is attached).
Some general and concise information on the city of Oxford can be found here: http://www.tourinaday.com/oxford.html.